The Official Blog of Misericordia University

Sibling Rivalry or Sisterly Support

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Feb 22, 2018

Getting accepted into college is one of the most thrilling experiences life has to offer. After weeks of anxiety and wondering if you’ll even get in, receiving your letter of acceptance is one of the most relieving feelings a person can have. I can still remember the excitement of receiving all of my acceptance letters, and even the unabashed joy of being accepted to my top choice school. My time has come and gone, and now it’s my sister's turn to go off to school. Despite her determination to get as far away from home as possible, she has decided to come to school here at Misericordia to get her degree.

Read More

Topics: #MUFirstYear, Misericordia Proud

Service, Success, and Student Athletes at Misericordia University

Posted by Guest Staff Blogger on Feb 19, 2018

On behalf of our athletic department I would like to welcome you to the exciting world of Misericordia University Athletics! During our 25+ years as a member of the NCAA Division III, ECAC, former Pennsylvania Athletic Conference, and currently the MAC & MAC Freedom conferences we have enjoyed tremendous athletic and academic success. Our athletic program aligns with the mission of the university as we strive to assist in the development our student athletes as people, students, and competitive athletes.  You will find Misericordia student athletes engaged as prominent leaders on our campus, including football student athletes that have held the office of vice president and president of our Student Government Association.

Read More

Topics: Athletics, Academics, Misericordia Proud

Life is a Journey, Not a Destination

Posted by Guest Alumni Blogger on Jan 18, 2018

If you told me my first-year in college that I was going to graduate school, I would have laughed at you and say, “Oh sure!” Fast forward three-and-a-half years later, I’m laughing at myself.

Read More

Topics: Academics, Student Life, Alumni, Misericordia Proud

The Best Job on Campus is at Base Camp

Posted by Guest Staff Blogger on Jan 16, 2018

Often when I first meet parents either on campus or in the community, their first question is, “What do you do for MU?” The reply for me is easy, “I have the best job on campus!” Describing that job is a bit more complicated, because between the wide array of services offered in the Student Success Center (SSC), and the diversity of our work, it is hard to recap in just a sentence or two.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud, Student Services

Eleven College Concerns Addressed by Misericordia Admissions Counselors

Posted by Guest Staff Blogger on Dec 7, 2017

Going to college may seem like an overwhelming and even intimidating experience. There are so many unknowns that can potentially make for an uneasy transition. With the exception of maybe a few brief visits to campus and the student orientation, it is a completely new environment and culture to learn as you are basically starting over. While this is a great opportunity to become anything that you want, there are also the fears and insecurities of what can go wrong. You know that mom and dad aren't going to be there to ask the questions on your behalf and help you navigate the difficult decisions. For possibly the first time, your future is in your hands. This is why we want to set your mind at ease and share our experience with you by addressing eleven of the most common concerns of incoming first-year college students.

Read More

Topics: #MUFirstYear, Misericordia Proud, Student Services

A Support System that Goes Above and Beyond

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Oct 25, 2017

There is no shame in asking for help, especially when your grades are on the line. Every college has some sort of student support system to help their students that are struggling and to give them the assistance they need to be successful. Here at Misericordia, students find that there is always an outlet available for guidance and support. Whether it is peer tutoring for a challenging class, writing assistance, talking about personal problems, or preparing for a job search, Misercordia goes above and beyond to get our students the extra help they may need.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

Finding the Perfect College

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Oct 12, 2017

Choosing a college to go to can be extremely stressful, especially when you’re trying to balance your life around high school. Take it from someone who’s been there before; there is no need to stress about finding the perfect school. The best school for you is out there somewhere, you just need to know the steps on how to find it.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

Why Misericordia?

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Oct 11, 2017

One of those age-old questions that is asked at every family gathering is: “So why did you choose (insert your college’s name here)?” For some people, the answer will be multiple things. For others, it might be only one thing that set their school apart from the rest. For me, it was athletics. The answer is always going to be different for everyone.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

Keeping It Simple at Misericordia

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Sep 18, 2017

Throughout the last two years of high school, juniors and seniors are often wondering what college will be like, and even more often they are told to “get involved”. But what does that mean? Sure, they can join numerous clubs, play a sport, volunteer, and even find a job on campus- but why Getting involved seems easy enough, but what club do you join? How do you find out about the clubs? What sport do you play? If you don’t play a sport, how do you stay involved in athletics? Where do you volunteer and how do you start? How do you prepare for a job and get one after college? All of these questions are important, and at Misericordia University, the answers are pretty simple.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

No Longer at the Bottom of the Totem Pole

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Sep 8, 2017

As summer came to a close this year, I found myself welcoming the return to school instead of dreading it as I did last year. Being more familiar with my surroundings and the way life works around campus certainly helped to ease my tension as the school year approached. Making the shift from full-time daycare employee to full-time student was certainly something I looked forward to as my summer quickly passed before my eyes. Coming into this school year with experience under my belt, I didn’t feel the same pressures I did before.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

About this Blog

You are reading the official blog of Misericordia University. Here you will find insights from students, faculty, staff, and alumni about what it's like to be here and be #MisericordiaProud.