The Official Blog of Misericordia University

A Support System that Goes Above and Beyond

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Oct 25, 2017

There is no shame in asking for help, especially when your grades are on the line. Every college has some sort of student support system to help their students that are struggling and to give them the assistance they need to be successful. Here at Misericordia, students find that there is always an outlet available for guidance and support. Whether it is peer tutoring for a challenging class, writing assistance, talking about personal problems, or preparing for a job search, Misercordia goes above and beyond to get our students the extra help they may need.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

Finding the Perfect College

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Oct 12, 2017

Choosing a college to go to can be extremely stressful, especially when you’re trying to balance your life around high school. Take it from someone who’s been there before; there is no need to stress about finding the perfect school. The best school for you is out there somewhere, you just need to know the steps on how to find it.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

Why Misericordia?

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Oct 11, 2017

One of those age-old questions that is asked at every family gathering is: “So why did you choose (insert your college’s name here)?” For some people, the answer will be multiple things. For others, it might be only one thing that set their school apart from the rest. For me, it was athletics. The answer is always going to be different for everyone.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

Keeping It Simple at Misericordia

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Sep 18, 2017

Throughout the last two years of high school, juniors and seniors are often wondering what college will be like, and even more often they are told to “get involved”. But what does that mean? Sure, they can join numerous clubs, play a sport, volunteer, and even find a job on campus- but why and...how? Getting involved seems easy enough, but what club do you join? How do you find out about the clubs? What sport do you play? If you don’t play a sport, how do you stay involved in athletics? Where do you volunteer and how do you start? How do you prepare for a job and get one after college? All of these questions are important, and at Misericordia University, the answers are pretty simple.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

No Longer at the Bottom of the Totem Pole

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Sep 8, 2017

As summer came to a close this year, I found myself welcoming the return to school instead of dreading it as I did last year. Being more familiar with my surroundings and the way life works around campus certainly helped to ease my tension as the school year approached. Making the shift from full-time daycare employee to full-time student was certainly something I looked forward to as my summer quickly passed before my eyes. Coming into this school year with experience under my belt, I didn’t feel the same pressures I did before.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

Back in Business for the Fall

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Aug 31, 2017

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are back in business for this 2017-18 school year here at Misericordia. After a nice, long summer vacation we should all be ready to get back into the swing of things. And for our first-year students, welcome. We hope that you enjoy your time here and that you create many memories and new friendships. This will be my second year on campus and it feels like I have been here longer than that. It was amazing how fast the time went during my summer break. But I am glad to be back, happy to see people I did not get a chance to see this summer, and excited for the start of the soccer season.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

From Summer Intern to Budding Marketing Professional

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Aug 1, 2017

As my time as an intern at Misericordia University is coming to a close I think it is only right to put my thoughts into writing so that others can possibly take something positive away from it, and maybe it will influence them to obtain the same internship or any internship at Misericordia. So this blog will involve what I did here at Misericordia and a look at my thoughts along the way…

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

Misericordia students reach beyond limits to create new brand identity for Kingston-based program

Posted by Guest Faculty Blogger on Jan 9, 2017

An Ideal Service Learning Client

Last September, Reaching Beyond Limits, a then-18-month-old organization co-founded by Amy Hartman (a Misericordia alumnus) and Robyn Ruckle, was doing great with a growing client base, a strong reputation, and a solid Facebook following.

Reaching Beyond Limits (RBL), located in Kingston, Pennsylvania, is an adult day program for adults with intellectual disabilities and autism spectrum disorder. Like any new organization, they had many plates to spin. Their priority was and is their clients: helping them to learn, thrive, and maximize their quality of life each day.

So it was only natural that branding and website development fell low on their task list. The months started to add up and their website continued to be “under construction.” They were also interested in developing a new logo.

That’s where Misericordia’s Department of Mass Communications and Design stepped in, taking on RBL as a service-learning client in COM 485, Powerful, Persuasive Marketing Design, taught by Assistant Professor Rachel Urbanowicz.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

Recent Misericordia Graduate Designs Dallas Bicentennial Logo

Posted by Guest Faculty Blogger on Aug 1, 2016

The Dallas Bicentennial celebration starts next spring, with a logo created by one of its own.

Caitlin Meehan, a recent graduate of Misericordia University and less-recent graduate of Dallas High School, will enjoy the experience of seeing her artwork used throughout the festivities, in materials including the township letterhead, as part of the Dallas Bicentennial celebration, which kicks off in April of 2017.

The Dallas Bicentennial logo, designed by 2016 Misericordia graduate, Caitlin Meehan.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

Livin’ the Simple Life in Tanzania

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Jun 8, 2016

Since we have arrived in Tanzania, we have noticed many things here that are not as big a deal as they are in America. One of the first things we noticed was that in our guest house there is only one mirror to share among 9 girls. Because of this, many of us are less concerned about our appearances and wearing make-up. We can now go all day without looking in a mirror as opposed to being at home in America, where we look in the mirror first thing in the morning and several times throughout the day.

Read More

Topics: Misericordia Proud

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

About this Blog

You are reading the official blog of Misericordia University. Here you will find insights from students, faculty, staff, and alumni about what it's like to be here and be #MisericordiaProud.