The Official Blog of Misericordia University

To Commute or Not to Commute?

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Mar 29, 2017

Going to college has been the most important journey of my life so far, and I don’t want to have any regrets when I graduate. Staying on campus was arguably the biggest change that took the longest to get used to. While I liked the independence that came with living on my own, I missed the routine and company that my family had to offer. With my first semester of college officially complete, I decided it was time for a change. Instead of living on campus for the remainder of the year, I packed up my bags and went back home.

Read More

Topics: Student Life

Home for the Holidays

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Dec 12, 2016

After being home for five days for Thanksgiving break, it’s a relief to know that Christmas Break is right around the corner. The three weeks in between the two holidays have been the most stressful days of my life. Between studying for the dreaded finals and wrapping up end of the semester projects, I haven’t had time for myself. Luckily, the holiday cheer is too great to put a damper on my Christmas spirit.

Read More

Topics: #MUFirstYear, Student Life

Misericordia Nursing Students Depart to Tanzania

Posted by Guest Faculty Blogger on May 24, 2016

Today, May 24th, Dr. Cynthia Mailloux and four Misericordia nursing students departed for Karagwe Tanzania where students will participate in a study abroad service learning trip with Wilkes and TCMC students and faculty. Students will work at Nyakahanga District Hospital and experience a number of Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs) during their travel. Nyakahanga hospital is a ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania. It will be a great Interprofessional experience (IPE) as medical, anthropology and nursing students work together caring for patients in Tanzania.  

Read More

Topics: Student Life

Home is Where the Heart is at Misericordia University

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on May 5, 2016

Four years ago, my parents and I drove through the Misericordia University arch as I sat in the back of the car surrounded by way too many clothes and pairs of shoes. Needless to say, I should’ve listened to my brother, Trevor, when he told me that I overpacked. Trevor was returning for his sophomore year at Misericordia. My heart was pounding out of my chest. I felt excited, scared, nervous, eager, and homesick all at once. It was a brand new, thrilling chapter that I was beginning in my life, and I had no idea what to expect. After I unpacked all my personal belongings into my dorm room in McHale Hall, my parents left, I wiped away my tears, pulled myself together, and began my journey at MU as a freshman in the Medical Imaging program.

Read More

Topics: Academics, Student Life, Misericordia Proud

Spreading the Culture of Philanthropy

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Nov 30, 2015

Many of our families and friends across the United States sat down at their dinner tables and shared how thankful they were for all that they have on Thanksgiving Day. Giving thanks may be a cliché, but at Misericordia University, we should be saying “thank you” all year round.

Read More

Topics: Student Life

'All are welcome' at the Adult Student Council

Posted by Guest Staff Blogger on Oct 22, 2015

When a group of adult students at Misericordia University expressed a desire to have a voice on campus and become more involved in the campus community, they did what motivated individuals with a common goal do – they got organized! The result was the formation of the University’s first adult learner organization – the Misericordia University Adult Student Council.

Read More

Topics: Student Life

Family Weekend is Here!

Posted by Guest Student Blogger on Sep 11, 2015

It's finally Family Weekend!

I know my parents and brother are happy that I’ve been out of their hair for a few weeks since summer ended, but I’m so excited for them to visit during Family Weekend. At first they felt weird about being on campus because they thought they’d stick out like sore thumbs, but I assured them that there would be dozens of families on campus enjoying time with their students with the fun events planned.

Read More

Topics: Student Life

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

About this Blog

You are reading the official blog of Misericordia University. Here you will find insights from students, faculty, staff, and alumni about what it's like to be here and be #MisericordiaProud.